Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm still alive

Hello lovelies.

I'm still here, I've been reading your blogs and staying caught up on everyone's goings ons.

D and I have been enjoying our staycation and have been taking it very easy. Saturday, we went downtown and browsed around the mall (didn't buy anything) and picked up some of our wedding gifts from The Bay. Sunday, we went to visit some friends then did dinner with my family that night. Valentine's day consisted of grocery shopping in the morning, and then being lazy all day and then cooked dinner that night. Yesterday, I baked cookies (bad idea with no explanation neccessary) and played video games. We watched RED and the A Team. Both are really great movies.

I've been mastering RockBand 3 and The Sims 3 (yes I can be a huge nerd at times), but I haven't been using this time off to go to the gym. I've been eating too much bad food and I've gained 2lbs since last Friday. Most is probably water from all the sugar and salt, but today is the day I get back on track. I have celery and lots of salad fixings plus tilapia that needs to be cooked up. The rest of this week will be healthy veggies and light proteins. No more red meat and no more bad carbs. I need to buy some more fruit and then pick back up the SGD.

Today, we're heading back downtown to buy the last setting of our china, since the sets are 40% off and we have a gift card that needs to be used. I'm thinking of buying 1 or 2 expansion packs for my Sims game since I'm starting to get bored with the gameplay. I'm in my 3rd generation of the family and having so little things to do is getting tiring. D's been replaying MassEffect and playing through both games as a bad character (for any of my readers who are also nerds). Speaking of video games, I saw a teaser trailer yesterday for a new Alice in Wonderland game, something along the lines of American McGee's Alice. Looks pretty awesome and the design is pretty trippy looking.

Tomorrow, will be laundry and resume building and job applying since we haven't done any of that yet. We also have to get our car fixed. Our headlights are out and our pump for our windhsield washer fluid pumps are shot. So we'll be spending some time at the repair shop

I know this post hasn't been too much food related, but there's no point in beating myself up right now over my failures (I recognize them as failures but I don't see why I should complain it's my own fault). I'm just picking myself up and starting over and making a real effort to better myself and instill dicipline in my life. I need routine and habit.

Anyways D is almost done getting ready so I'm off for now and I'll post again when I get a chance. Hopefully I'll have something to really talk about and some good news as well.

2 comments:

  1. Great attitude. Sounds like you are having a nice relaxing time with your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs time to readjust and get back on track after something crazy happens, it's good to hear that you took the time to just chill and spend some nice time with each other after all the madness :D <3RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete