Thursday, January 3, 2013

Who's been a bad little blogger??

This girl.


I am so sorry lovelies for falling of the face of the Earth. I really don't have any good reason to have neglected my blog for this long, other than just not doing it. I thought about posting, but then I would think about how I really didn't have much to say.

I hope you all had great holidays celebrating whatever you celebrate!

Christmas was good to me. Maybe even a little too good. I've gained 7lbs over the holidays from just not watching what I was eating and making really poor choices. I've developed some bad habits because of this last month or so. Ordered a lot of fast food and cooked very little. Binged on chocolate and candy and got addicted to carbs again. I have my work cut out for me to kick these addictions again. My MFP has suffered because of how ashamed I am to post the things I was eating.

Anyways enough of the bad stuff...on to the good stuff!

So, before school finished, we had our annual Christmas Concert and Craft Sale. The kids make baked good and make gift baskets to be raffled off. Parents also donate things to be auctioned off in our Silent auction. I came out on top in the Silent Auction! I got a Cherry Amber ring for $65 (retail $100) and won the fitness package that was donated!! Remember a while back I talked about saving up to do this program? Well it's called Lean & Fit and the gym is called Greco. It's a private chain here and he is the go to trainer for the hockey team and his gyms have this great 10 week program to recondition your body. I'm so excited. The program is around $800 all in and I won it for $150!! What a steal right? Well I only got it because I was the only bidder and they lowered the starting bid from $250 to $150. Anyways, in 2 weeks I'll be killing myself 4 times a week doing these Circuit Training classes and maybe some yoga too if I can fit it in. I am also getting ready to cancel my GoodLife membership and join the rec-centre's gym. My sister works there and told me that a 3 month package only costs $75!! And she believes that personal trainer costs their hourly rate with the City! So goodbye $75+ a session to $20 a session! Mind you, that's something to look into later. But I will have a permanent gym buddy with my sister so I'll have more motivation to go after Greco.

I've already bought protein powder for my smoothies and I'm thinking of doing a meal replacement program with them too for the first bit. I'm thinking breakfast and every second dinner will be a shake. Lunch I can't really get out of, but I will be bringing in my own protein (meats) for my salads rather than risking the sauces and other unknown ingredients in the food here. I am also going to order a couple of bottles of OxyElite Pro in the coming weeks. I'm splitting the order with a friend because I found out that shipping is $30 whether I buy 1 bottle or 5 bottles. So to save on shipping I've talked her into buying into the order with me. I know I will be back in the 120s or lower by the end of March!

So that's all that's really new with me right now. Everything else is same old same old. Not much I can do about that though.

I hope everything is great with you all and I wish you luck on your New Year Resolutions! I know you all can do it!

Mine are pretty obvious:
Hit my goal weight
Work on paying off my debt
Put money away for savings
Keep a spotless house
Start decorating the house

If any of you ladies know of any apps or programs that help with managing finances please pass them on my way! D and I are already thinking about cancelling our cable since we're doing a lot of downloading as it is already. And that will help with not lumping in front of the TV every night and will want to make me get out and do more things!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Sounds like things got out of hands over the holiday but maybe winning that package was meant to be. That's awesome. You'll be whipped into shape in no time. Let me know if you need any help with budget stuff. I've never used an app! I use a basic excel spreadsheet with all of our expenses to put our budget together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Mint.com for finances (they have a free app too) or at least I try to. I don't log on too often. But you can link all your accounts to see how much you are spending and set up budgets. Your resolutions are similar to mine. I too want to be down by March. Congrats on your auction winning!

    ReplyDelete