Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hello my lovelies!

Sorry for being M.I.A lately. I've been trying to post for the last week and a bit. It's just been too busy at work and I haven't had the house to myself in a while to be able to blog at home.

So. I spiked up to 138 on the weekend and that pretty much was a huge slap in the face. I went with my parents to their gym for a circuit class. It was awesome. I kept up (with what exercises didn't aggravate my shoulder) and did really well. I was sore for a couple days afterwards because I hadn't done anything that vigorous in ages. However, my running shoes have gone to crap. I have this awful knot in the arch of my right foot. and it's protruding too so I can't wear much else except for flip flops and one pair of flats. I can only buy new shoes this weekend after I get paid so I haven't been able to get to the gym since Saturday with the crazy hurting foot and bad shoes that would only make the problem worse if I used them again. So I'm going to the Running Room on Saturday to get fitted for a good pair of shoes that wont aggravate my knees and keep my feet supported.

I've managed this week already to drop 2.4 lbs. I know 2 were water weight since I lost it in a day. But I lost 0.4 the next day and I'm sitting steady there the last day or so. I haven't eaten out once this week (small victory) and I haven't had the hot meal here at the school. I've stuck with a small salad with lots of veggies and a handful of cherries to snack on throughout the day. At home, I've had a protein heavy meal with steamed veggies. I'm trying to keep carbs at a low.

My mom is taking me and my sister out of Indian food tonight, so today I'm only having my coffee, tea, water and salad at lunch. I didn't bring a snack with me so I can make up for the calories for tonight. Tomorrow will be a repeat and for dinner I probably won't have any. If I do, it will just be a salad or some steamed veggies.

I hope to be in the 134 range by this weekend. T is having a surprised birthday party for her husband on Sunday. It's not a bad thing, but it's at the beach. It will be a lot of fun, but I don't want to be out there in my bathing suit. I'm not ready yet. If I can drop down another 2lbs by Sunday I think I'll be able to live with myself. Until then, I'm wishing for rain so it's moved to her house.

So I have about a month and a half to save up $$ to go to New Jersey with. I got my latest municipal tax bill so D and I have to toss down another $1600 before the end of the month. Hopefully I can get some good $$ down on my credit card before then. I have been able to keep a good $250 available on it at any given time. Better than being maxed out. Hopefully I can get it down another $1000 before I leave for vacation. 3 pay cheques should allow me to do just that. I hope D has been saving his pennies too for the trip. We won't be doing much shopping but we're going to pay for dinner one night (if we can get our credit cards to the waiter in time before my dad does) and we'll want to pitch in for groceries and booze.

I also want to get my hair cleaned up before I go away. I'm currently trying to let it grow out, but my fringe is at a weird length and the ends just look untidy. My layers are grown out and are making the bottom of my hair look heavy. I'm not sure if I'm going to colour it or not (I'd like to) but I have to see what my wallet says when the time comes around. But just freshening up the cut works for me as well.

I do have to say that I need some more shorts. I had to donate the ones I had last year because they were too big. I just haven't found a good pair that fits nicely. I don't want to spend tons of cash on shorts, but the only ones that have fit me nicely so far have been over $100. I just can't justify that. I have my eye on a pair of white jeans from the same store that are only $30 more than the shorts. How does THAT work?? My packing list looks like this:

Linen pants, 5 dresses, 4 plain t-shirts, jeans, 3 bikinis, skirt, sandals, flip flops, 2 light sweaters, running shorts, yoga pants, gym shirts and my running shoes. All I would like to add to that is a pair of jean shorts. But I look to be good with what I already have.

Well back to work I go. I have acceptance packages to get done in the next hour!

1 comment:

  1. I've spent over $100 on jeans but never more then $30 prob on shorts! Sounds like it'll be a nice weekend with your family. Keeping working on getting those credit cards gone.

    ReplyDelete