Friday, May 25, 2012

Baby steps, when added up, take you miles

I'm so proud of myself this morning. I woke up at 136 and thought to myself, "Enough of this. I'm better than this." I told myself I would stick to under 500 cals today with only milk in my coffee. I packed myself an apple and 1.5L of water for work today. When I went to Starbucks, I passed up on the pastries (which I had an insane craving for). What made me even prouder (is that a word??) this morning, I was in the staff room and the kitchen brought in almond croissants and cupcakes as a Friday "treat" and I packed up my things and went back to my office. Without any pastry. It was hard. I looked at everything and all my co-workers taking from the tray and stuffing themselves with the food. My sweet tooth has been absolutely insane these last few days and all I want to do is cater to it. I've become addicted to sugar again. I need to kick the habit and really get my ass in gear. Baby steps. That's all I can say to myself. I did well in passing up something, which I'm still craving.

After work today, I'm getting a manicure and then D and I are packing up and heading to Montreal. Hopefully I can keep making these little milestones and come out on top after the weekend. I hope to be back at 134 by the time I wake up Monday morning. Nothing huge, but something showing me I'm on the right track. My tea on my desk is going to be my go-to for my mid-afternoon sweet tooth. I'm thinking of my jellybean tea (15 cals) and then I'll be having a booster juice while I'm at my mani.

On another note, I've been watching my stats lately. My daily readership is up. I guess I'm doing something right that people are reading this, but it's so quiet here, if I didn't see my followers and the daily stats I would think no one reads. I want to say, however quiet you all are I appreciate that you all still take the time to read my ramblings as repetitive or mundane as they are.

Anyways lovelies, I should actually do some work today to make the day go by a little faster for tonight. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Avoiding the pastries in the store and at work is a huge accomplishment! I know how hard that can be. Enjoy your weekend with the hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great! That's right - baby steps, sister!

    ReplyDelete