Friday, February 3, 2012

Good morning lovelies,

I've been on vacation all this week and I have been hit by a sinus infection. This has landed me on the couch for most of the week barely being able to breathe. It hasn't been fun. I have been able to throw in some time throughout the day to at least do some sun salutations until I get so congested I get dizzy (about 20 mins). I've been spiking between 133 and 136 all week. I'm not sure if it's because I'm sick or my body just doesn't seem to want to cooperate. I haven't been eating horribly (read: no selection of food in the house) but it hasn't been the best selection of choices.

I'm starting to feel better and I'm going to be spending my day today cleaning the house, doing the P90X yoga DVD and getting my nails done. After all that I'm going to be going grocery shopping for the weekend and stocking up on food for the March 14 day Clean Eating meal plan. I got my issue in the mail last night and worked down the plan to only the necessities. I've pulled out the crackers and crips breads, any dairy and any other meals I don't really like. I've taken the daily calories from 1500-1700 down to roughly 1000-1200. I haven't finished modifying the plan but I think this is generally a good start.

The P90X DVD burns about 500 cals when you complete the full 90 minute session. I think if I stick to this and the cardio DVD and piece things together throughout the week I could possibly be burning 800-1000 a day. I just need to kick this cold and really nip it in the butt. At least I've been stretching with the sun salutations to keep me moving for a mostly sedentry week.

This weekend we're celebrating my cousin's 30th birthday. I am having a full house this weekend. My two cousins and their spouses are coming over, as well as my sister and her boyfriend. As a surprise for my cousin, we've also invited up his best friend and his wife as well. We're going to be spending the day downtown touring the winter sights. Winterlude has just started so we'll be spending some time on the canal and looking at ice sculptures. I just hope no one bugs me about not getting a Beaver Tail (to all my US readers, it's ok to think I'm crazy at this point). After we get frozen right through, the girls are going to dump the boys off at a pub and then go shopping! I have a $20 credit for Guess, and I'm on the search for some new jeans. Also, I'm going to buy myself some shoes from Forever21. After our escapade in the city, we're meeting back up with the parents (my aunt and uncle are down as well) and then going out for my cousin's birthday dinner. The place is called The Works and basically it's a burger joint where the burgers have almost every imaginable combination of toppings on them. There are over 100 different burgers. Take a look at the menu and see. I'm not sure what I'll be getting yet, but I'm think a portabello mushroom cap and lots of fresh veggies.

Sunday, as we all know is the Superbowl, so I'll be at my parents' watching the game (and all the ads). I was a little disappointe this week though. All the advertisers have "leaked" the commercials early. I saw 2 Doritos commercials, Bounce/Old Spice, Priceline, and the Coke commercial from 1979 with Mean Joe Greene (my 80s babies will know this one) remade for Downy fabric refresher/softener. Also earlier in the day I saw Audi's commercial. Let's just say I wasn't impressed. It took all the fun out of the surprises on game day. I am excited to see the new preview for the Avengers movie. At least I haven't seen any spoilers on that one!

I'm not looking forward to going back to work next week. Even though I didn't do anything this vacation, I just don't want to go back. I like my days free! Oh well that's life.

Well, I'm off to start my day. I have to pick D up from work at about 3. OH! I totally forgot!! He got a promotion last weekend! He is now the Produce Manager at his store. He's been working extremely long days to fix the department, since the last manager there destroyed it. So he's gotten a small increase in pay, which will be great for our big month of bills coming up in a few weeks.

Ok, NOW I'm off to start cleaning. I'm going to pull out my records and blast them through the house!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to hubby on the promotion! Good news. Working out sick sucks...hope you are feeling better soon. I love that P90X yoga video. The P90X2 is only an hour. Enjoy the festivities with family this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that sucks! being sick on vacation is awful; I've always felt that your school or work should give you those days back, but alas, it can't be so. but yay! he got a PROMOTION! that's wonderful! you guys should do something fun to celebrate, it sounds like you two work hard and really deserve it. hope your superbowl goes well! I didn't know they pre-released the commercials, it kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Hope it all went well, and that the return to work wasn't too bad. <3RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete